Freelance German Translator (m/f)
Work location-Mumbai, India.
- Translate a variety of material, particularly technological and engineering documentation, from German to English, with attention to fact and nuance, so that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved.
- Check original texts or confer with author of the document to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material.
- The translated document must go through multiple revisions before final text is submitted. Hence very good editing skills required.
- A university degree, preferably in languages, and ideally involving English.
- Applicants are required to have an excellent background in technical translation and technical writing, especially in engineering settings.
- Applicants are required to obtain and present specialized information within strict accuracy and format requirements, and must possess highly specialized knowledge of technical writing and translation.
- Applicants should have minimum German language competency level C1.
- Excellent spoken and written English and German skills.
- Excellent computer literacy. Experience of translation technology (e.g. Trados) would be a big advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills, and be friendly, level-headed, self-motivated, independent, trustworthy, ambitious, committed and a very strong team player.
- A passion for languages & accuracy in translation, and experience as a translator or in the translation industry.
- Foreign Language (in our case German) - Knowledge of the structure and content of a foreign (non-English) language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
Salary and conditions
Salary: Will be competitive and rewarding.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject line “Freelance German Translator”.