Data Scientist / Data Analyst
Work location-Mumbai, India
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Data Analyst who will support our product development, sales, leadership, and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing large company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building, and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Develop custom predictive data models and machine-learning algorithms to apply to data sets
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Present information using data visualization tools and techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Co-ordinate with engineering and product development teams
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets. familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Proven experience in data mining and data processing
- Knowledge of machine-learning techniques and operations research
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Microsoft Power BI) and cloud solutions (e.g. Microsoft Azure)
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong Analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong mathematical skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Positive mindset with Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
Salary and conditions
Salary: Will depend on experience, but will be competitive and rewarding.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject line ‘Data Scientist / Data Analyst'